Menu Bar

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The 2010 IHI Team

Marissa_IHI Hello!

My name is Marissa Van Brunt and I just started my first year of occupational therapy at the University of Western Ontario. Most of my education and experience in the past few years has been focused on working with people who have special needs. With an Undergraduate degree in Therapeutic Recreation, I have a specific interest in holistic health. Having had a brief opportunity to travel internationally and work on a community development trip in Costa Rica, I am looking forward to the array of new experiences to come. As an occupational therapist and health care worker, I know I will be challenged regularly to be creative and also to be culturally competent. Traveling on an interdisciplinary team to a country very different from Canada will likely help me to develop some very useful skills! Thank you so much for your support!

Kayla's_pic_for_IHI Hello, my name is Kayla Bennett and I am a first year Occupational Therapy student at the University of Western Ontario. I am an alumnus of the University of Waterloo, having completed an undergraduate degree in Therapeutic Recreation and Business in 2009. Throughout my undergraduate studies, I worked with several individuals with a variety of physical and developmental disabilities, at summer camps, group homes, and personal residences. This past summer I travelled outside of North America for the first time to Chile and Argentina. I am excited to be a part of the IHI team, to expand my knowledge and skills as an Occupational Therapy student, and to learn about health care in India through this opportunity.

jerihi Hi.

I am Jeremy Kroes and I am currently in my third year of Nursing. I entered university straight out of high school and completed the first two years of my degree at Fanshawe College in London. Much of my experience in nursing so far has been in geriatrics but I am always looking for new experiences, and ways to broaden my knowledge and skill base – I see my membership on the IHI 2010 team as a perfect opportunity to do both of those things. Global health is something that I have known about for some time, my mom works with an organization that organizes short term mission trips to all areas of the world. I have had a lot of vicarious experiences in such travel through my parents and the work that my mom does. I would love to gain some experience of my own in this important area. I am so excited to be apart of the team this year to help out a people who may not be as fortunate as we find ourselves, to gain experience in global health and to expand my knowledge of nursing.

image Hello!

My name is Pranavi Ravichandran and I'm a first-year medical student at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at UWO. I'm originally from Toronto, where I completed an undergraduate degree in Human Biology and English Literature.
I admire the rich culture and diversity that defines India, have always been interested in global health issues, and strongly believe in the ability of students to collaborate and bring about change in our international community. Needless to say, the India Health Initiative was the perfect project for me to become involved with and I'm extremely excited to be a part of this interdisciplinary team this year. Myself and the other future healthcare professionals that make up IHI 2010 are passionate about supporting the invaluable services that NGO's provide to marginalized communities in Southern India and we're looking forward to the experience of a lifetime this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment